By Reda Kneizeviciene
The Sūduva LAG continues to implement the ERASMUS project «Sustainable Mobility – Sustainable Community». Although quarantine has adjusted the activities of the project and the scheduled meeting with partners will not take place in Lithuania in August, the activities are carried out on our blog and in each country individually.
Partners from Lithuania have carried out the following activities:
1. A project’s volunteer meeting was held via Skype at the beginning of the quarantine period.
2. The volunteers of the Antanavas Youth Club «Friends» have understood that many students find it difficult to learn at home in quarantine conditions and updated community computers. They were distributed to socially vulnerable families. These computers are used for the educational process for multi-child families. – https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207358937488444&set=pcb.10207358954808877&type=3&theater
3. Because quarantine has imprisoned many people at home and especially single seniors have felt lonely, a Facebook group «Don’t feel lonely» was created. In this group, people share their feelings, joys and concerns. https://www.facebook.com/366039090675125/photos/a.368179493794418/568542800424752/?type=3&theater
4. As the project provided for the marking of a bicycle path in a forest area, a survey of people was carried out on the need for a tourist route. As many as 92 per cent of respondents said it would be a great idea to promote regional tourism and promote active rest. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207465105302573&set=a.10207465102222496&type=3&theater
5. In May, the route was started, a meeting was held with the head of the regional branch of the State Forest Development Kazlų Rūda and foresters, during which we discussed the bicycle track. On 23rd of May, a bike path test ride took place. Signs of cycling and the opening of the bike path are currently being prepared. https://www.facebook.com/366039090675125/photos/pcb.604928816786150/604925170119848/?type=3&theater
6. On 22nd May, a video interview was held with the Lithuanian Ambassador in Denmark discussing the activities of the project and the availability of special bicycles for the provision of the service «(I) ride a bicycle – (I) drive a senior». https://www.facebook.com/366039090675125/photos/a.368179493794418/604954970116868/?type=3&theater
At the end of the quarantine period, it is planned to start providing sociocultural services to seniors, and to provide training for volunteers.